1. Hug it out!
The world waited for years to see Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao hug for a half hour rather than actually box. Mayweather is known for his defense (and his numerous offenses against women), while Pacquiao apparently had an injured shoulder before the fight. So basically it was just really boring. Below is my favorite take on the fight!
2. Universal Studios Meets Mario
Universal Studios announced the Nintendo characters and games are coming to their theme parks! Um, I can’t even contain myself. My lifelong dream of playing actual Mario Kart could come true!! Dream photo op: Finding the Princess in another castle… Hogwarts Castle!
3. Flat Friend Visit
My friend Mary is working with a group of second graders and needed someone to be a pen pal to a child and have a Flat Friend visit. For those not in the know, Flat Stanley is a character in a series of books who goes on adventures and the Flat Stanley Project helps encourage literacy through letter-writing. So I got my own Flat Friend in the mail, along with a letter from a second grader. The one question my second grader asks me? “Is it true that Virginia had slaves?” …Sigh. Of COURSE I got the kid who wants to ask about slavery. Why don’t I go ahead and clear up some questions about religion or politics too? Anyways, I have taken my Flat Friend on a run, to the store, the post office. It’s been unreasonably fun for me.
Fun Flat Stanley Fact: The Flat Stanley project has been around for ten years…there was even a Flat Stanley on the plane that landed in the Hudson. He was in a briefcase of the friend he was visiting.
4. Once Upon a Time Thoughts (skip if you don’t watch)
My favorite show is gearing up for its two hour season finale this week and I can’t wait. Season Thoughts:
- Why must they turn Belle into an idiot? I mean really. She’s supposed to be smart. And this entire season they’ve been dumbing her down. So strange.
- Love Regina’s full arc and path to redemption
- Zelena is really starting to annoy me. I am not a fan. …and pregnant? I call shenanigans. Or at least I hope so.
- The hair and makeup team has been doing a phenomenal job of making Emma look like she is becoming more of a villain every day. Her heart is going dark? More like those circles under her eyes! Throughout the season I have noticed she is less bright eyed and hero-esque and more pale and villain-esque. Do you think they are prepping us for Rumple to die…and Emma becomes the new Dark One? <gasp> Or am I reaching because I just can’t understand why her makeup team has let her down?
5. Ya Burnt!
My favorite Seth Meyers skit is back! Royal baby, May Pac fight, Mother’s Day, ya burnt!
How was your week? Excited about Nintendo at Universal Studios? The Once Upon a Time finale? Comment below!